The all-new 2022 Nissan Pathfinder features 10.6 cubic feet of interior volume more than the previous model, and it maximizes every inch with family flexibility at top of mind.
While keeping overall vehicle dimensions similar, thoughtful design changes – including increased track width and overall vehicle width, and a widened rear wheelhouse – allow for 164.6 cubic feet of total interior volume, up from 154.0 cubic feet on the previous model.
“We closely analyzed every angle to make this vehicle as versatile as possible, while also delivering on rugged capability,” said Jared Haslam, vice president, Product and Services Planning, Nissan U.S. and Canada. “Our goal was to turn Pathfinder into a multi-tool on wheels – making this the go-to SUV for hard-working, adventurous families.” Thanks to the additional interior volume, the all-new 2022 Pathfinder now offers easier cargo and family loading, and many other every-day utility benefits, including:
- Room for up to eight passengers, a first on Pathfinder
- Room for up to three car seats in the 2nd row, and two in the 3rd – a first on Pathfinder
- Available captain’s chairs, a first on Pathfinder – with a no-tools-needed removable console, allowing items up to 7 inches wide to pass between the seats
- Easier entry/exit to and from the 3rd row with Nissan’s EZ FLEX® one-touch seating, which now pitches the seat forward to provide a wide opening from driver or passenger side – even with a car seat attached1
- Two additional inches of front seat legroom – now best-in-class 44.3 inches2
- Nearly five additional inches of 3rd row hip room – now 46.7 inches
- A new, easy-to-clean luggage box with a self-supporting hinge lid that offers 54.1 liters of storage space – up from 33.3 liters on the previous model
- With 3rd row seats upright, the 4-foot wide cargo area easily fits four golf bags, a 120-quart cooler, or six TSA-sized carry-on suitcases3
- With 2nd– and 3rd-row seats folded, the 4-foot wide cargo area allows users to slide in 4-foot wide sheets of plywood or like-sized items
The 2022 Pathfinder handles small items well, too. Thanks to a small, ergonomic electric shifter, the center console now offers two storage areas – a traditional console and the new “bridge” pass-through area below it, which adds 13.4 liters of storage. The open pass-through area can conveniently accommodate items like a purse, a toolbox or a full-size tablet, while the traditional console area features space for smaller items. All told, the console area now offers 19.5 liters of storage – nearly three times as much as the previous model.
A new storage shelf sits above the glove compartment, perfect for phones, sunglasses, or like-sized items, and the glovebox features a strap to securely store the owner’s manual while offering additional storage space. Pathfinder also now features 16 beverage holders. “Whether it’s loading up at the hardware store, packing up for a family day trip to the trailhead or simply picking up the kids and their friends after practice, the all-new 2022 Pathfinder makes life less complicated and more adventurous,” added Haslam.